P.H.A. Gerritsma: Geophysical Training and Consultancy
With this site I like to draw your attention to the activities that I started
in 1999 after 30 years of service with Shell
(see Shell career)
in geophysical research and development and in operations.
I offer the following services:
I am a lecturer at CTG (Center for Technical Geoscience)
at the Delft University of Technology.
I am represented with two courses in the educational program of the EAGE.
I also teach regularly courses for national and international oil companies and service
companies both as
an independent teacher as well as on behalf of geoscience training alliances.
TrainingFour courses are offered that are all related with seismic
The duration of each of these courses typically is 5 days.
- Digital Signal Processing Theory
- Seismic Data Processing
- Advanced Topics in Seismic Data Processing
- Business Applications in Seismic Data Processing
- 3D Seismic Survey Design and Quality Control
In addition to these 5-day courses I also offer two 1-day courses:
The latter two courses are also part of the EAGE Short Courses Programme (SCP)
and may also be organized via the Office of the EAGE:
European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers.
- A Comprehensive Overview of Seismic Data Processing Steps
- Migration, DMO and Velocity Model Building
For a description of these Short Courses see the website of the
EAGE (- Education - Short Courses).
Seismic Data ProcessingDesign and execution of seismic data
Seismic data processing can be characterized by a
sequence of steps, whereby for each step there are a number of alternative
ways for its implementation. See overview of
steps and alternative implementations.
Note that these processing steps and
their implementations are also the subject of the course
Seismic Data Processing.
Special StudiesDesign and execution of special studies for a variety
of objectives; this often involves special seismic data acquisition and requires
advanced processing methods. Examples of such studies are:
Note that these topics are also extensively dealt with in the course
Advanced Topics in Seismic Data Processing.
- 3D pre-stack (true-amplitude) depth migration and velocity model
building and updating
- seismic-to-well matching, quantitative interpretation, lateral
- seismic inversion: the translation of seismic to acoustic impedance
sections and subsequent (probabilistic) interpretation
- AVO: (pre)processing, measurement, modelling and interpretation
- feasibility assessment, design and processing of 4D (time-lapse) seismic
- multi-component seismic: P- and S-wave attributes and images for
lithology and/or fluid discrimination and anisotropy attributes for
- acquisition and processing of data from VSP, hole-to-hole and ocean
bottom cable (OBC) (multi-component) surveys
9404 ET Assen
tel:+31 (0)592 462996
mobile:+31 (0)6 53744665